Friday, November 20, 2009

Nursery Diaries - Part Two

Slowly but surely, Baby Tew’s nursery is coming along. We have most of the essentials – now I just need to put it all together!


A few weeks ago while I was in Arab, I spotted this distressed, antique chest in the window at one of my favorite shops – Belinor. You may remember that I found my brown and cream transferware dishes here last Christmas. I was thrilled when I saw this piece because I thought it would match the crib perfectly!

My sister-in-law, Lauren, is so graciously letting me borrow one of Walker and Kathryn's cribs. This is one of the benefits of having twins for a niece and nephew - there is two of everything:) Wasn't their nursery precious?! In the picture, the paint looks white but it is actually a creamy white and difficult to match.

I think this is as close as it comes to matching the crib without color matching and repainting. Here are a few of the details:


While I was in Belinor, I also found these adorable doll highchairs.

I left with the wooden one with the mice. As a child, I played house with my dolls for hours on end. I hope Addison enjoys this one day!

There was also a pretty good selection of old Golden Books that I picked up too. I guess you could say I racked up at Belinor during this shopping trip!

I finally found a coordinating pink fabric that compliments the main floral pattern. Finding pink solid pink fabric on a budget was not as easy as I thought it would be. Warehouse Fabrics had some great selections:

But, they weren't exactly right. But I did find this pink linen embroidered fabric at a local fabric store here in North Carolina (I don't know who mills this fabric):


Now, all the pieces have to be sewn together...easier said than done.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Makenzi,
Your nursery looks beautiful! I love the chest you picked out. I also LOVE antiques! It looks like everything is really coming along. I know I am anxious to get everything done too! I feel like the clock is ticking for sure!

:),
Melinda