Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Belinor Antiques and More

Every time I am in Arab, I always want to stop by Belinor Antiques and More. While I was in town for Christmas, I had to go in and take a look!

A family friend owns the store and she opened it a couple of years ago. Its one of those places that you have to scrounge around in to find your treasurers.

This visit, she had this early American side board that reminded me of one that my Granny Ham has in her breakfast room.

I have had my eye on this armiore for months now. At only $350, and in perfect condition, its a steal! Too bad I don't have a place to put it.

But then I spotted a set of brown and cream transferware dishes. The pattern is Staffordshire "Dickens Coaching Stages." Mrs. McKinney had four dinner plates and eight salad plates. My Christmas money was burning a hole in my pocket and I just couldn't resist! I walked away with the set for $45! Mrs. McKinney is always willing to strike a deal.

Of course, brown and cream transferware is a staple in French and English Country design - my favorite! Now I want a complete six or eight place setting! After a bit of research, I found more pieces at Replacements LTD - a single dinner plate was listed at $17.99. Did I get a deal or what?! Although, I did find other pieces on eBay at much more reasonable prices.

I couldn't wait to get home and set them out on our table. The pattern looks more like fall to me, but I wanted to go ahead and use them.

The pattern mixes perfectly with my Vietri.

Yesterday, I paid a visit to Micheal's and found a few hydrangea steams to add to the crab apples that I found during our Thanksgiving holiday in Highlands, NC.

And look mom...I was even able to reuse our wedding pew markers too! My mom, Granny Honey and Aunt Judy spent hours and hours making these!

2 comments:

laurenbusbee said...

Your table looks wonderful! And you did get a deal on your plates. I love them!

Val said...

Wow, it looks beautiful!! I have the Spode Woodland, and love it as well. Great job!