Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Last Six Months - Part One

 
Its no coincidence that my blogging hiatus began in November and has lasted over six months...Addi Girl is going to be a big sister! We are beyond blessed about adding a precious baby boy to our family in July. For the most part, this has been an easy pregnancy except the fatigue has been almost unbearable at times. But, I haven't been sick so I won't complain.

 

Thanksgiving was the perfect opportunity to tell our immediate family about our newest addition. This year we spent Thanksgiving with my family. Almost my entire extended family lives in my hometown which meant multiple Thanksgiving feasts!

 

 

 

 

 
If I had actually mailed Christmas cards this past year, this would have been the picture I used. I'm sorry if you thought the Tew's left you off the mailing list;)

 

 

Christmas was extra special and very exciting this year since Addison was old enough to understand and participate in all the traditions.

 

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were spent with Brad's family this year. Brad and I tried to establish our own family traditions. On the evening of Christmas Eve, we read the story of Jesus' birth from the book of Luke. Then we gave Addison three presents to open just as the wise men gave three gifts to Jesus.

 

These animals were one of those gifts and her little face was priceless when she opened them. After spending hours in stores playing with them, she finally had some little animals of her own.

 

 

Cookies and milk were left for Santa and somehow he found Addi Girl all the way in Mobile...

 

 

 

 

Since Brad is fortunate to enjoy a long Christmas vacation, we were able to celebrate Christmas with my family over New Year's.

 

 
 

The little pink kitchen was by far Addi Girl's most favorite gift. She will play for almost an hour at a time just cooking in her room!

 

"The Last Six Months - Part Two" is coming up soon!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back, I have missed you!