Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nursery Diaries - Part Three

This summer, Brad and I had so much fun watching our adopted "pets" play in the yard. Like clockwork, these rabbits would appear early in the morning and then again late in the evening. Sometimes we would see as many as five rabbits at one time munching on the grass and hasta.


These little cottontails became the inspiration for the artwork in Addison's nursery. What do ya think? I put the finishing touches on the painting last week. I am always my own worst critic and see things that I wish I done differently. But, I have to remind myself that painting this picture was A LOT cheaper than buying a piece of artwork for the nursery. After the canvas is framed, I believe I will hang the rabbit over the changing table. I hope Addison will like it:)


Remember the dresser that I bought in Alabama during Thanksgiving? Well, it is quite old and the drawers have an unappealing musty smell. So, I ordered some scented draw liners from Thymes in the Sweetleaf Baby scent so Addison's clothes will smell yummy. I LOVE the Sweetleaf Baby products - warning ladies: this scent will make your uterus do flip flops. Sniff with caution:)


The liners had a precious pattern of squirrels, birds and butterflies in a sage color.



Now, Addison's dresser drawers are smellin' sweet and filled with her precious little clothes:)

2 comments:

laurenbusbee said...

Love the rabbit. I wouldn't change a thing! And the sweet drawer liners. I can only imagine how good sweet Addison's room smells! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Mary said...

Is that Victoria on the bed in the background?