Friday, February 5, 2010

Happenings

Sorry for the lack of posting. Honestly, we haven't had much to report from here in NC...just waitin' on a baby. This is me 39 weeks and 2 days prego. I have a feeling that a 40 week picture is sure to follow next week on my due date. As of Monday, I am not dilated and locked up tight. So, we will continue to wait on Miss Addison. Brad says she is going to be stubborn like her momma:)
Last weekend, we got almost 10 inches of snow (the picture shows 8 inches, but it continued to snow). In Alabama, we call that a blizzard. But here in North Carolina, it is nothing more than a "winter storm".

My snow pictures aren't very interesting because I wasn't brave enough to step off the front porch.

For the past month, I have done nothing but nest. I was told that this natural instinct would kick in during the end of the third trimester and they weren't kidding.

I have compulsively cleaned every inch of our townhouse - twice - and completed several incomplete projects including framing our wedding photos.

I bought the frames on sale at Hobby Lobby over a year and a half ago:)

I also decided it was time to organize and archive all my old photographs that date back all the way to my freshman year in high school. When it was all said and done, I had completely filled up four albums that hold 200 pictures each. That's a lot of pictures!

I also completed as much as I could in Addison's baby book. I found this one here. It was a little bit of a splurge, but cheaper than some of the other silk books I liked.

These pages with her ultrasound pictures are my favorite:)

And here is the most recent ultrasound picture that we have of her at 35 weeks. I couldn't believe how much her little face has filled out since our last ultrasound at 24 weeks. As of this past Monday, she is 6 lbs and 12 ozs and we can't wait for her to arrive!
The nursery is finally finished! Stay tuned for pics.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Aww! That's wonderful! I can tell that she is already so beautiful!

laurenbusbee said...

Everything looks so cleaned, polished and well organized! Now if Little Miss will just get here! We are so anxious to meet her, and to see her sweet room. I know it is adorable!!

Jennifer said...

you look great, Makenzi!

Liz A said...

The nursery is GORGEOUS! No surprise after visiting your townhome before :) I have been thinking of ya'll and cannot wait to see pictures of the beautiful little Addison :)

Cindy Mays said...

Your mom gave me your blog address to see you and your nursery! It is beautiful and you look gorgeous!

Trey asked TAM to the prom last night with rose petals, candles and a card that he made! It was so sweet!

Cindy