Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Dixie Classic

In our little city fall brings fewer daylight hours, football and The Dixie Classic Fair. Let me just tell you. The fair is a BIG deal around our parts. The grown women in my Bible study were practically gitty when talking about the food and the rides. I asked them, "So...is this something that Brad and I should go too?"

They starred at me in disbelief like I had just uttered a four letter word. These girls were astonished that a) we had never been to the fair in the three October's that we've lived in NC and b) that we would even consider passing up the fair.
Of course I grew up going to the local county fair, and it was dirty and the rides were questionable at best. But hoping for the best, Brad and I loaded up Baby Girl to see what the fuss was all about.

I must say that we had a great time and The Dixie Classic did not disappoint! Where else can you find funnel cakes and fried snickers? I'm thinking heaven and the fair:)


The fair even had a petting zoo that Addi couldn't get enough off. I think we have a little animal lover on our hands:)

There were five-year-olds crying because a sheep looked at them the wrong way, but not Baby Girl. She practically leaped out of her Daddy's arms trying to "pat, pat" the lambs. She wanted down so she could get closer.



When I thought she couldn't squeal with delight any louder, we introduced her to the baby goats. My oh my, how she loved the goats!

Addison wasn't the least bit cautious and I think Brad was fearful that a baby goat would want to nibble on her sweet little chubby fingers.

Towards the end of our petting zoo visit, I think Brad lightened up a bit and started considering buying a little goat for his baby girl because she loved them so much:)

No comments: