Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Fall Ya'll

Last weekend, Brad and I braved the rainy weather and headed out to the Piedmont Triad Farmer’s Market for some festive fall decorations.

I went with $40 cash in hand and vowed not to spend a penny more – boy was that hard! Not because of high prices, but because I wanted at least one of every pumpkin variety and a mum color!
Of course, I couldn’t leave without a bouquet of fresh cut dahlias…sweet Brad was so patient as I strolled from vendor to vendor comparing prices and quality.

Notice how the Cinderella Pumpkins in this picture are super shiny? The farmer told me he sprays them with polyurethane to get the glossy look – nice trick!

Once we got home, I couldn’t wait to set my table and bring out my “fall” dishes. Aren’t the little Boo Pumpkins cute?

Oh, and the viney berry stuff is called Bittersweet. The farmer said it grows in the Application Mountains of North Carolina and Virginia. Once again, he told me to spray it with polyurethane to help preserve it. Who knew polyurethane could be so useful?

Forgot to make a pic of our front porch decorations before I left for Alabama. Will post soon!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

love your bittersweet and your copper pot. spray it with poly -- great idea!

Vance & Kala Waldron said...

Mak,
Everything looks so beautiful and festive! Love the glass vase in the last pic! :)