Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nursery Diaries - Part One

I know, I know…I have neglected our blog lately. Never fear…all is well…just busy with work and trying to live in two states at one time:)

First things first, Baby Tew and I are doing great! I am 22 weeks now and feeling much better these days. She is growing like a weed – 9 inches long, 14 ounces and her current size puts her in the 75 percentile. We haven’t named her yet, but we are working on it! Deciding on a name is much more difficult that I had anticipated.

I took this pic in my sister's room at my parent's house. Purple is her favorite color:)

A few weeks ago, Kala (she hasn’t updated her blog in ages) invited me to go with her to market in Atlanta. I had planned to put a dent in my Christmas shopping, but instead I scored lots of swag for the little girl’s nursery.

My first purchase was this floral fabric by Doodlefish (Duralee "Layla"). Now I am on the hunt for some coordinating fabric!

I also purchased this iron chandelier by Bethel. A chandelier is not on the short list of necessary nursery must-haves, but I couldn’t resist!

5 comments:

The Gentrys said...

Love the fabric and chandelier! Can't wait to see it all come together!

Elaine said...

Look at your cute belly! You look like I did at 22 weeks!
The chandelier is adorable and fits a little girls nursery perfectly. I love it. It can grow with her too.
Did you go to Scott's?
Names were the only thing Graham and I could never agree on, it is so important though so there's no rush.
Hope we get to see you soon!

Emily said...

1. You look amazing!
2. This baby is going to have the cutest room! I can't wait to see it all come together... much love!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness! LOVE the fabric. LOVE LOVE LOVE the chandelier! How precious! And you look great too! :)

Jennifer said...

looks great, Makenzi! and so do you, glad to hear that she's doing so well!