Thursday, November 19, 2009

Weekend with the Dostie's

Well, its been awhile. I suppose my long blogging hiatus' have become somewhat of a habit. Please forgive me:)

Last weekend (yes, I know it is Thursday), our sweet friends Emily and Chris came to visit. Since Emily and Chris live in Jacksonville, Florida, we don't have the opportunity to see them much. Brad and I were so grateful that they made the long drive from Florida to NC so we could spend some much needed quality time with the Dostie's.

The majority of our weekend revolved around food. Friday night, we took them to one of our favorite restaurants The Old Fourth Street Filling Station. Of course, the meal was delicious but the company was even better.

Saturday morning, Emily and I whipped up a bit of breakfast. On the menu...breakfast casserole, Almond Danish Swirls (courtesy of Mrs. Paul Deen) and fresh fruit. This was the first time I have made Almond Danish Swirls and I must say that were little bites of heaven - yummy!

The breakfast casserole was great too thanks to Lauren and Mrs. Tew. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I shared their special recipe. I think the secret is the Parmesan cheese:)

1 lb. sausage
3 eggs
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 cup Cheddar cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1 package Philsbury cresent rolls
salt and pepper to taste

Cook sausage and cool. In medium bowl, scramble eggs. Add cheese, milk, sour cream, sausage, salt and pepper. Line bottom of casserole dish with crescent rolls - sealing all perforations. Pour sausage mixture on top of crescent rolls. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. This recipe is fail proof!

Saturday afternoon, we headed out to watch the Wake Forest Deacon Demons take on the Florida State Seminoles. The weather could not have been more perfect for football! Unfortunately, ACC football is not very exciting.


Too bad this pair doesn't live closer. One weekend wasn't long enough!

No comments: