Friday, February 25, 2011

We're Rootin' For You Toomer's!

Earlier this week, Party of Tew headed South to 'The Lovliest Village On The Plains' for a few days. Brad had to recruit potential new employees for Brasfield and Gorrie so Addi Girl and I went along for the ride.

Toomer's Corner was a beehive of activity. There were so many people in town paying their last respects to the Toomer's Corner trees. It is awful and unfortuate that our trees have been posioned by some stupid redneck. But I think we need to get a grip...it is not necessary to build a memorial out of toliet paper. Don't get me wrong, I hope the trees survive but lets put things in perspective. We will plant more trees and the tradition will live on!


Check out the new mural!

While we were there, we ate at all of our favorite places: Big Blue Bagel, Barbecue House and Bazilia's. And we had to see "Tay" and Steph while we were there;)

While Brad was working, Addison and I played on Samford lawn and shopped downtown.




It was 76 degrees outside so we need something to cool down after all that runnin' around outside.
We strolled up to Toomer's Drugs for some Blackberry Cobbler ice cream. I think I have a new favorite flavor.


1 comment:

Shealy said...

So sad!! I wish we had known y'all were here!! Looks like y'all had fun!