Monday, April 1, 2013

A Happy Easter It Was


It is warm today and I have on shorts. My lily white legs are finally out of hibernation. Those that dare glance my direction may be blinded by the reflective glare they give off.


Thankfully, despite the rain, it was warm yesterday too so the kiddos didn't freeze to death in their Easter outfits. After church it was time for the annual Easter photo opt. Easter is one of those occasions in which pictures are required like - Christmas and birthdays - but I'm not sure why. Regardless, I feel that it is my motherly duty to capture the perfectly posed Easter portrait. 


My children saw this little photo shoot as an opportunity to torture me with silly faces, whining, crawling, crying as I acted like a complete moron in an hopeless effort to get them to crack one.tiny.little.smile. After 152 frames, I got a handful of images to document Easter 2013. I guess my moronic antics were worth it.


Lets face it, Easter really has nothing to do with the perfect picture of smiling faces wearing our Sunday best, but everything to do with remembering that we have a risen Savior seated at the right hand of the Father. 


This past week we retold the story of Christ's death and resurrection to Addison each night before bedtime. While reading these scriptures, I was reminded of the beauty and power of this perfect sacrifice - powerful enough to change the world and yet save a lowly sinner like me. I pray that even at a young age, these truths and promises will be written on their tender hearts.


On Saturday night, we read about Jesus' ascension into heaven. After the story was finished Addison said:

"I hope the Easter Bunny brings me a really big bouncy ball so I can bounce up to heaven and see Jesus." 

Me too Baby Girl. Me too.

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2.2

2 comments:

DEBORAH said...

You have the most beautiful, loving children! I love them so much!

The Boney's said...

Can't. Handle. Bradley. He is too cute. Can't wait to squeeze and kiss him when I come in June! Oh and of course Addy girl is getting more adorable each time!