Monday, February 23, 2009

Boring Weekend

Yep, just another boring weekend in North Carolina. In fact, the highlight of our weekend was buying a mattress...I know, lame. We had a full size bed for guests, but Brad and I thought it was time to upgrade to a queen. "A work in progress" is a kind way to describe our guest bedroom at the moment. See exhibit A:

The guest bedroom also doubles as my office. Since I work from home, this is a pretty poor excuse for an office. Lets face it, the $5 Goodwill chair and Brad's beat-up, hand-me-down desk from college don't really inspire my best work.

I have ignored this disaster of a room for far too long and it is time for a makeover! Last week, I ordered an office armoire in chestnut from Ballard Designs. I thought it was the perfect solution to conceal and organize my workspace. Unfortunately, some assembly is required...ugh...but it was on sale and the price was right!


Now, I am on the hunt for a chair that not only coordinates with the bedding (pillowcase above) I have already purchased for the room but that is also comfy enough for me to sit in for hours on end. Hopefully, the room will come together in a few weeks! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Star said...

I can't wait to see the progress. Where are you working now? If you get bored enough, come visit me in Charlotte!

Anna said...

Love Ballard Design. We have a chair from there. :)