Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shealy's Shower Extravaganza

A couple of weeks ago, my friends and I hosted a baby shower for Shealy in Auburn. Doesn't the table look cute?

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical of the diaper cake. But when I saw it in person, I thought it was so precious! Great job Stacy!

I was in charge of the flowers for the occasion. I stopped by Davis Wholesale in Birmingham on the way to Auburn to select the flowers - pink tulips and astrimirum lilies.

Emily made the most delicious ice cream and coffee punch. Em, you'll have to share your recipe!

And, here is the little mama with her sister Sarah. Shealy's sister was kind enough to hold the shower in her beautiful house. It was decorated so cute!

With about 65 people in attendance, you can imagine all the gifts that baby Kate received. There is no doubt that Kate will be the best dressed kid in Auburn!

These initial paintings were my contribution to Kate's nursery. I painted these without seeing the nursery in person. I hope the colors match ok. Kate is due to arrive on March 27 and we can't wait to meet her!

2 comments:

Shealy said...

I am so blessed to have a friend that will drive all the way from NC to be in Auburn for me AND stop on the way to get beautiful flowers! The canvases are absolutely amazing and match so perfect! I'll put pictures up for you to see! I can't begin to thank you enough for everything!! Love you!

laurenbusbee said...

You did such a great job on the flowers, and I LOVE the paintings. So cute, and they will look adorable in little Kate's nursery!