Thursday, March 7, 2013

Since We Last Spoke: Bradley's Birth


Bradley's debut on this blog is LONG overdue! This sweet guy joined the family a day before his due date thanks to my doctor's brilliant suggestion to induce a bit early. I was beyond uncomfortable and so ready to meet my sweet boy. This photo was taken a few minutes before we left for the hospital. Looking back at this pic, I can't help but think how ridiculous I look with my hair all fixed just so and make-up all done. I bet all the nurses laughed under their breath when I walked through the doors of that labor and delivery ward. That morning I must have thought I was preparing for a photo shoot rather than labor...good grief.


Not only did the planned induction put me out of my misery, but it also allowed us to make sure that Addi Girl was well taken care of while Brad and I were at the hospital. As you can tell, she was a bit overwhelmed and unsure about what was happening. She was spoiled rotten and received so many gifts that you would have thought it was HER birthday.



After an easy labor and delivery,  Michael Bradley Tew entered the world and filled our hearts with such joy on July 26. He weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces and was 21 inches long - perfect. Except the fact that he was a deep, dark shade of blue, gray when he was born from his cord being wrapped around his neck twice. The doctor and nurses were calm as cucumbers but Brad and I were terrified. Within seconds his little smushed face was pink and his precious cry filled the room after the cord was unwrapped. Those seconds felt like hours. 


Despite the cord scare, Bradley got a great Apgar score. Moments after his birth, Big Sis came in to meet her Little Brud-der.


It was such a precious moment watching these two see each other for the first time. Addison just wanted to kiss him and pat him. There is no doubt that this little guy has two mothers:) She was so proud of him.



From the beginning, it was crystal clear that Bradley was going to be a laid-back, angel baby. Rarely cries, eats well, sleeps well (most of the time). 


He also has the most precious personality! Bradley is happy almost 98% of the time and smiles continually. He is quick to offer a smile to anyone, anytime. 

 
Addison has been a great big sister. I was so nervous about how she would react to having a sibling  but she adores her brother. Adores him. Can't get enough of him. Would smoother him with kisses if it weren't for my watchful eye. When Bradley was about 3 months old, Addison started acting out some and seemed over emotional. Thankfully, this little jealousy phase only lasted for about two weeks.




 

This sweet baby has captured my heart. Oh how he loves his momma. LOVES his momma. All I have to do is look at him and he giggles. Maybe he thinks the dark circles under my eyes are funny.

 

From the very beginning he has had a strong affinity for his paci. And more recently he has become attached to his "lovie". We thought he would be a thumb sucker, but he prefers his paci.


This precious baby has brought such joy and happiness to our lives. What a blessing he has been.  Sweet boy, you were miraculously and wonderfully made and we praise God for you. 

5 comments:

laurenbusbee said...

I could gobble him up! His little sister too:) Thank you for introducing this sweet angel to the land o' blog. He most certainly deserved such an introduction!!!
Love you guys!

The Boney's said...

Ah- I am emotional reading this thinking about his precious life and how loved he is. What a doll. It makes my heart happy to hear that he is an "angel" baby. Now you know what I got with Little B :) Coming to Bham in June for a week (first week) and several play dates are a must. Please tell me yall will be in town!

kristen said...

Precious, precious, precious baby boy. Your family is beautiful, friend.

Unknown said...

So glad you're back in the blogging world - I have missed you! You look gorgeous in that first picture, those nurses were nothin' but jealous :) Glad to hear about you four, keep us up to date!

Shealy said...

Yay! The blog is back in action. So glad to see pics of your babies! BEAUTIFUL! Miss and love you :)