Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Since We Last Spoke: Waiting for "Brud-der"


Wow, I can't believe it has been almost ten months since I have written a proper blog post! So much has changed around here at Party of Tew - including a new addition to the family. More on our sweet Bradley Boy soon. After all he deserves a special welcome into the blogosphere!

 
I'll just pick up where we left off...waiting for "brud-der", as Addi Girl would say;) We took our last vacation as a little family of three to Dauphin Island. I've spoken before about my affinity for this charming beach on Alabama's Gulf Coast and this particular trip my sister and BIL joined us to enjoy a long weekend of laid-back island life.



I was six weeks away from my due date. As you can imagine, I was large and in charge. Hot. Grumpy. Tired. Basically just a miserable person to be around. To make things worse, hurricanes had shifted the sand and shape of the island so that the shoreline was literally almost a quarter of a mile away from the condo. Now picture a momma with her nine month preggers belly, (in a bikini no less. I was so hot I didn't care if I looked like a redneck with my big ole belly hangin out), dragging coolers, towels, sunscreen, beach toys, floaties, and all the other necessary accoutrement's that a day at the beach requires AND a two year old toddler. I'm sure we were quite a sight.

 

Once we made the quarter mail trek to shoreline and got everything unloaded and laidout and set-up just so, I would hear a tiny little voice - "Momma, I need go potty." UUGGHHH. It makes me tired again just writing about it. Despite my pregnancy fueled dramatics, it really was a fun and memorable trip. The water was so still and calm it was more like being at the lake rather that the ocean.





We also traveled to North Georgia with our friends the Caudell's for Brad to participate in the Warrior Dash.



The Warrior Dash is basically an excuse for grown men to swim through mud and run through fire in an effort to prove their masculinity.



Some other runners literally broke their limbs during the race. Thank goodness Brad made it out alive. Even though he had a blast, I hope this will be his first and last Warrior Dash;)



After the race, we spent the rest of the day at Lake Rabun. It was easily one of the prettiest places I have seen.



It was so quaint and idyllic. The capcod style houses along the lake shore had beautiful cedar shake singles and mountains of gorgeous hydrangeas along their borders. I just loved it.



And Addi Girl loved spending the weekend with her best friend, Price.



After our trips, it was time to settle in and wait for "Brud-der's" arrival. We usually spend Fourth of July at the beach with the Tew Crew but this year we spent the holiday with friends at home.

   

Addison was terrified of the fireworks. Absolutely terrified. She broke-down into hysterics as soon as the show started. You can still see the tears streaming down her face in the pic below.

 

Once July 4 was over, we started our countdown until "Brud-der's" birthday! In the next post, I'll share all about Bradley's big day.

2 comments:

laurenbusbee said...

Love this little walk down memory lane, and love that Addi Girl!

heather k said...

awww, yay! Your back on the blog! I've missed your updates. Jeremy is doing the Tough Mudder in a few weeks which is really similar to the Warrior Dash, and I share your sentiment in hoping its his first and last. I will have a hard time being sympathetic if he gets injured. ;) That little blue and white polka dot swimsuit on Addi is just the cutest thing!