Monday, December 22, 2008

Deck the Halls

Last year, my mom had the bright idea to purchase a new Christmas tree, but not just any tree. An enormous, fifteen foot fraiser fur that takes three grown men to assemble.

It is as if the Rockefeller Christmas Tree has engulfed the living room. The reasoning behind this purchase seems logical: tall ceilings=tall tree. But, when it takes a twelve foot ladder and the balance of a tight rope walker to decorate the top, it begins to seem more like an overrated impulse buy. Although I must admit, it is absolutely beautiful!

Mom has a growing collection of hand blown, glass ornaments.

Not to be overlooked, there is a more understated "fruit" tree in the dining room.


My favorite Christmas decoration of all are our hand-stiched felt stockings.

Mom just finished Brad's stocking that she has been working on for a couple of months. The kit contained 126 pieces that had to be individually sewn together!

2 comments:

laurenbusbee said...

The stockings are so precious. Your Mom is so sweet to have made one for Brad! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Arab!!

Val said...

Yes, those stockings are SO cute!! I want one for my boys!!!