Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weekend Getaway: Part Two

On our way home from Raleigh, we made a detour to Durham, NC. You know that Brad couldn't be that close to Duke University and not stop! Brad was so excited to show me the legendary Cameron Indoor Stadium, home of Duke basketball. I was surprised when we pulled up to this:

My reply was, "Were is the stadium?" It doesn't look like much on the outside - just like another Gothic building on Duke's campus. I wasn't very impressed, but I think Brad got a little teary eyed at the sight of Cameron:) He is already making plans to venture back to Durham for the Duke vs. UNC Asheville game tomorrow!
My favorite building, was the Duke Chapel. Isn't it gorgeous? This picture really doesn't do the Chapel any justice. It is a huge church with rows and rows of ornate, quatrifoil windows - so beautiful! I wish the we could have gone inside. The online pictures of the interior look even more impressive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Tarheels