Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What the Crap

***WARNING: This post is not for the squeamish or those with weak stomachs***


I've been told that it is a right of passage to be pooped and peed on by your little one. Well, it has officially happened and little Addi didn't hold anything back...

Last Friday while we were in Alabama, we went to Trey's baseball game in Southside, AL. This wasn't just any baseball game - it was the first round of the state playoffs and they were up against the number one team in the state. Needless to say, the stands were packed with fans.

Mom and I set up our folding chairs for a front row view. Just as the game was getting started, Addison let me know that she was hungry and started feeding her a bottle that I had pumped earlier. It wasn't a minute later, that Baby Girl let her rip with sound effects that would make a grown man blush. Instantly, I felt something warm and wet in my lap. I lifted Addison up a bit and to my horror there was runny, yellow poop E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. As I looked down in horror, the little stinker (literally) let her rip again! Now there was poop running down into my chair and dripping onto the pavement below. Until that night, Addison had never had a diaper that was this bad. Didn't she pick a fine time to show me what she was capable of?

Let me remind you, we were at the ballpark - for a double hitter no less. It took a second for mommy mode to kick in and begin taking action because I was so overcome with the shock of the situation. When I stooCheck Spellingd up, everyone in the stands took notice and the look of disgust on their faces said it all. I even think several people threw up in their mouth a little. I rushed back to the car and stripped Addison down and used every wipe I had to clean her up.

Thank goodness I had an extra change of clothes for Addi. I however was not so lucky. My sister Mallory went with me to the bathroom where I proceeded to strip down in the bathroom stall. I stood there half naked while Mallory tried to rinse the yellow poop out of my favorite jeans and new shirt. She did the best she could with what she had but my jeans were still yellow and smelled like rotten eggs. When I came out of the stall, several high school girls were waiting to use the bathroom. They were so grossed out! I told them the memory of this moment should serve as good birth control.

I had to wash my jeans and shirt twice to get all the poop out, but thankfully it came out. However, the chair I was sitting in was thrown in the ball park dumpster. From now on, there will also be an extra change of clothes for momma!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, bless your heart! It's one thing for something like that to happen at home... but out in PUBLIC?! Oh Addi.

Mark said...

The first time Turner pooped on me was at church. On Father's Day. Feel your pain.

laurenbusbee said...

I'm not believing that sweet thing could do that;) She is a stinker for sure, but the cutest stinker I've seen in quite some time!